Furry Migration needs volunteers like you to help with a wide range of tasks at the convention. Join us, have fun, and be rewarded too!
With an active concern of personal health. We likely will not need any on-site volunteers for the video livestream.
All volunteers will get 10 hours of volunteer hours. Double hours earned if you volunteer over 10 hours. During the event, you’re welcome to help out for the entire event, or just for short durations. Every little bit helps.
This is not an all-inclusive list. Please reach out if you think you can be useful in some positions not listed, or consider helping with content by running a panel.
Discord Volunteer Moderator
A large focus of this event is Discord voice channels and Panels within a Discord server. Knowledge of discord is not required, however, a Discord account during the event is.
This role can be done entirely from the comfort of your own home computer.
- Moderation: Making sure things stay civil and friendly. Handling situations or escalating problems within the server.
- Panel Wranglers: Helping panelists sort into the proper voice channels, and ensuring permissions are set up correctly. Setting voice user limits if a panelist requests.
VRChat Testing and/or Design
This is an evolving role! We’re looking at deploying a VRChat world, and are actively creating it now. If you have VRChat knowledge and this sounds fun to you, signup!
- Willingness to hop in VRChat (VR or Desktop mode) to help test.
- Provide insight & feedback on world iterations
- Knowledge of world creation using Unity & VRChat World SDK 3 (Not required)
- Experience or willingness to play around with VRChat API for custom solutions (Not required)
For the safety of our staff, guests, and volunteers. Any individuals on-site will need to wear a mask at all times during the event when within 5-10 feet of other staff & volunteers. There will be no exceptions to this rule. We will be observing all CDC Guidelines and performing contact tracing for everyone on-site.
The Livestream will be using a studio space in the downtown Minneapolis Warehouse District. You will be responsible for transportation to and from this location keeping in mind downtown parking. The building is right next to a light-rail station.
- Technical: Helping with the technical requirements of running a Livestream with multiple remote feeds. (Examples: Live Video Mixing, Sound Board Monitoring, Setting text for graphics, Camera operation, etc)
- On-Camera Talent: Comfortable being on set talking about different topics. This requires some creativity and no fear of talking in front of live camera.
Signup to Volunteer